Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Favorite Products

When I first started this business "green" products were limited and only a few local stores carried them.  Luckily, now green cleaning products are more available and there are more brands to choose from.  I have tried many, many products- some work better than others.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Bom Ami- powder, polishing cleanser.  Great for sinks, tubs, toilets, pots, etc.  Martha Stewart is a fan.  The cheapest place to purchase is Fred Meyer ($0.99).

Windex with Vinegar-best product for glass, can also be used on a variety of other surfaces.  I have tried many a glass cleaner and I have to say Windex makes the best cleaner.  I was happy when they came out with their "Greenlist" Windex with Vinegar solution.  There are "greener" glass cleaners out there, but they all seem to streak.

Mrs. Meyers- what can I say?  I love almost all of her products.  Expecially. the Stainless Steel cleaner and the All- Purpose Solution.  Mrs. Meyers gives you the opportunity to match all of your cleaning products to one uniform scent.  My favorite scent is "Geranium".  These are top of the line in green products, but they are also some of the most expensive.

2nd Place Method Brand Cleaners- this line of household cleaning products are a little easier on the wallet.  I use their Wood Cleaner, Shower Cleaner, and Countertop Spray.  Target seems to carry the largest selection of Method products and at the cheapest price.

Ecover Limescale Remover- I use this product on alot of showers.  The only place I have been able to find it is at the Boise Co-op.

Check back next week for my favorite cleaning tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment